slow cooker hacks
how to line slow cooker with aluminum foil collar
1. Place a piece of parchment paper
Do you know how to line a slow cooker with parchment paper? It’s easy actually – when cooking foods that take up less space (like chicken breasts), place a piece of parchment paper before closing the lid of the slow cooker.
This will help seal in moisture for items that don’t reach the top, preventing them from drying out (and protecting you if your slow cooker has an overly aggressive steam vent).
Just line with parchment, cook as usual, then lift up and out.
2. Use oven safe bakeware to upgrade your bread or dessert game
2. A Stovetop-safe slow cooker that allows you to sear right in it
3. Learn how to line slow cooker with aluminum foil collar
3. Use oven bags in a slow cooker
can you use oven bags in a slow cooker
4. Soak up condensation by lining the lid with a paper towel.
For more slow cooker recipes, tips, and tricks — pick up a copy of Adventures in Slow Cooking: 120 Recipes for People Who Love Food, out now.